Friday, October 26, 2007

Peyton's Pumpkin!


This is what you do AFTER you are done w/the pumpkin LOL!

this pic is for Grammy and Pops who got Peyton this outfit last year!



1st step, taking off the lid :0)



See!

"My hands are dirty momma" --he didn't like the icky feeling on his hands lol! And we had to take off his shirt....serious stuff here!

What a good helper!

Peyton posing w/his pumpkin :0)




So we carved (well our friend did the carving) we "gutted" our first family Pumpkin last night! Whew that was interesting!
So, I cut the top off the pumpkin, that in of itself was TOUGH, who would of guessed it! (i kept thinking-my dad always did this!!!!!) then Peyton and I began to take the seeds out and the stringy stuff, I called my dad to ask him how much we were suppose to get out, he said pretty much all of it....keep reading, b/c i didn't get it ALL out lol
Well, we took it to our friend's house, b/c he was going to carve it by using a stencil and then poking dots in it....(they've come a long way since when my dad used to do it free handed lol!) anyhow...he did a great job, and i think i can do it next year....we didn't want to do anything scary for Peyton's sake...and I'm just not into the scary thing anyways...I see Halloween more as a family time, not a scary thing....but once we got there, Matt said you didn't get everything out....and they had a pumpkin SCRAPER!!! HAha I have never heard of that...I will get one though for next year lol, and they also had a pumpkin knife...TOO cool!!! I will invest in that too next year!!! Anyhow he scraped ALL the gunk out for me! And while his wife and I chatted he did my pumpkin, and WE LOVE it!!!

Here it is....it's the mascot for the University of Tennessee....Smokey...go figure lol! I'm out numbered here!
LOVE YA'LL!








0 comments: