Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Huge Step for the Sharpe Family....

Yesterday was a milestone for our family, especially for our little guy....Peyton started Preschool yesterday at Wesley United Methodist Church....Poor guy, had a long 17 hour drive with us on Saturday, then we had church on Sunday, and then he had to start his first day of Preschool, with a room of complete strangers....I am sooooo PROUD of him!!! He would tell me bits of pieces of his day....this is some of the things he said he did...

-The teacher read them 3 stories on the carpet.
-He cooked at the kitchen area, he cooked in the microwave, he made....pizza & macaroni and cheese!
-He played outside....I asked him if he played in the playhouse, and he said no, that the girls were in there, and when the boys tried to go in there they would all say "AHHHHHH"...he then asked me why the girls did that LOLOLOL! I love it!
-He had a snack...they had cheese-its and juice and donuts (then he said not really! Lol!)
-His Nana asked him if there were little boys to play with he said and GIRLS lol!!!

So Peyton is definitely growing up, our lil guy that 4 years ago, was such a tiny little baby, is now going to School! I'm so Proud of him, have I said that already ;0)

Last week we went to San Antonio for the General Assembly....we met my parents in Tyler, TX so they could pick up Peyton for the week, and take him back to Van Alstyne to visit....Jason and I stayed in a really nice hotel the Marriott RiverCenter
We took 5 of our teenagers to compete in 6 different categories for Teen Talent....The included:
-Monologue
-Human Video
-Solo Mime
-Bible Teaching
-Piano
-Website Design
And out of the 6 we came back with 3 trophies....we had 2 National Champions in Piano and Website Design, and runner-up in Monologue! And out of the 7 trophies Tennessee received for the entire Teen Talent....3 of them were from our church! We were very proud of them.....

But, in the middle of the week, on Tuesday afternoon, my brother called me...my grandmother, my Nanie had been in a tragic accident, she had a massive heart attack while driving, and ran into a house....a man tried to do cpr on her immediately and the Emt's had to recitate her 3 times....she is currently in the hospital, in ICU, on life support and is non-responsive, please pray for her...her name is Elaine Pettit....an amazing lady!!! here is a picture of her....


We have had a loaded week.....Enjoy the slideshow of Peyton's first day and some other pictures...

0 comments: