Thursday, July 23, 2009

Boys Boys Boys!

That's right being a mom of 2 boys has completely changed my life since February 27th! It's been nothing but an awesome adventure and challenge (not necessarily about the gender...I'm sure it'd be the same if I had a girl ;0)!) Just being a mom of 2 has been an ADVENTURE!! No one told me or gave me hints on how to balance 2 children, it's just been a learning experience since day one! And I have loved every minute of it, even the most STRESSFUL times, like Peyton doing one thing while Brayden is fussing....but the peaceful and loving times out weigh those horrible times by far!!


Some highlights are of Peyton just loving on Brayden or when Brayden hears Peyton's voice he immediately starts looking for him wherever he is at! The love that both of my boys have for each other brings tears to my eyes! I am so very proud of BOTH of them and how completely Blessed we are to have 2 very healthy little men!

My first born, Peyton....my little sweetheart! just turned 5 and is about to start Kindergarten, and today at lunch I was talking about this with my co-workers and it is so exciting and so sad at the same time, it just seems like yesterday he was coming home from the hospital and Jason and I had no clue on what to do with a brand new baby!!! Kindergarten and the morning routine of school is going to be all new to our family.....Some of the huge things he's doing now are: he's counting to 100, he's learning how to read little words, he is amazing on the computer, the child even knows how to print things!!!! Some adults can't do that LOL!!! I don't like him playing for long periods of times, but he is amazing with video games, no matter if it's the Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3, he is awesome at it, or even his own little PSP, he just recently got new games on the PSP and he picks it up and plays them like he's been playing for many many years!!! And Spiritually he is growing so much!!! How he talks about the stories in his Bible that we read him, and how he soaks it in, and then asks us questions later on....he is one little sponge that is taking it ALL in, and that's why I want to protect him so much from going to school....but it's part of life, and that's why God is there for us, and praying is a way for us to ask God to protect and to cover him from the enemy! I didn't know I'd go on and on about Peyton, but my heart is aching for him and what God is doing in his life....I pray that I am being a good mommy to him, and that God will give me wisdom to continue to be a good mommy.....

Now Brayden....my almost 5 month old (on the 27th!) What a little ball of Sunshine! Literally! He's 18 pounds now and 26 inches, in the 90th percentile guys! My boys come out small but end up big as an infant lol! Brayden is learning to move so much on the floor, he hates tummy time which I worry about at times and how I don't want him to have a flat head, so we move him on his tummy so that he will have equal time on both back and tummy.....He is holding on and enjoying his little toys and rattles that go in his hands! He is laughing and cooing and smiling so very much, I LOVE IT!!! He just recently got a jumperoo where he is learning to jump and move around in it, and he is doing such a good job with it!! (Thanks Crista for letting us borrow it!!!) He is learning how to enjoy cereal now at night and I just introduced him to applesauce, which he DEVOURED lol, my child likes to eat!!! LOL!! In church he is doing so much better, which he never did bad just sometimes he didn't want to fall asleep in church so he'd cry out, but now he TALKS out, and I have to leave the sanctuary, but I'm not ready for him to be in the nursery yet :0) he'll only be a baby once!!! and in classes at church for years to come!!! AND he is sleeping so well at night....he goes to sleep about 8.30 or 9 and sleeps through until about 7 or 8 the next morning! KNOCK ON WOOD!! but I'm thankful for it right now!!!

I am so in love with my 2 little men, and of course my amazing husband, but I just needed to update on how our 2 little guys are doing, and how very blessed we are to have them as our children, and to call them ours, our Gifts that God has given us to raise, and I pray DAILY that God will lead and direct us to raise our boys up to be Godly men......

This scripture is so true for both our children:
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.







0 comments: