Saturday, October 25, 2008

Care Packages are awesome!

Yes! Care Packages are amazing, even though I'm 29 and NOT in college!!! :0) I especially loved them in college when I was many hours from my parents and I would randomly get a care package with just little stuff to show they love and care about me, and miss me....I don't get those as much as did from 1997 to 2000 lol 
BUT now it's Peyton's turn, I guess because he is the only grandson or even grandchild!!! And my family is all the way in Texas and Philly! So, Peyton received 2 really great books, one on Halloween, called My Happy Pumpkin
I had no idea that it was a Christian book until I started reading it, and I was thankful to read to my son a positive and most importantly a Christian version of Halloween, when there seems to be more and more evil things out in the stores, which is so very depressing!!!  So we are very thankful for this new addition to our book collection :0)!
 And one on Thanksgiving, called My Thanksgiving Prayer...
he received this care package from Grammy and Pops...and he wants me to read his card from them over and over again, it's so sweet!


Then, the other day my sister, who is pregnant, said I just got Turkey Sugar Cookies from Grandmother!!! And I was like how did you get those??? She said just ask her :0) Soooo I did, and then my care package came!!!! I WAS SO EXCITED! Like a Freshman in COLLEGE lol, but we're all enjoying grandmother's homemade sugar cookies, and Peyton had his first one and loves them too :0)


We are thankful for our family that still love and care about us many hundreds of miles away......

1 comments:

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

It is so fun to get mail-- snail mail is still the best, in my opinion-- and packages are awesome, especially when they are unexpected! How sweet of your family!