Thursday, October 30, 2008

I love traditions!

So, Pumpkin Carving has been a tradition in my family since before I could even remember! So, last year I introduced Peyton to this tradition! And he absolutely loved it! He loved helping me clean out the slimy stuff inside the pumpkin, but he only helped me for a little while. Jason was totally disgusted by it sooooo he never really helped either (my dad used to be the one that cleaned out our pumpkin for us, guess it's not for all guys). And last years pumpkin was Smokey...the University of Tennessee's mascot, and I have to admit I did carve last years pumpkin although it was awesome! Here is a pic of it!

But, this year was a whole different story.....First of all I couldn't believe I waited so long to carve our pumpkin, we did it last night after church. I really wanted to take Peyton to a pumpkin patch to find a pumpkin because there are a couple around where we live, but that never happened! So, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday after work and got a $2 Pumpkin!!! Not bad :0) and then I had found a Mickey Mouse stencil online...I did find a Lightning McQueen one, but was kind of nervous about doing the stencil, it was very detailed! and with it being my first ever, I stuck w/the Mickey Mouse, or I had a Goofy, but Peyton decided on Mickey! We had fun digging out all the gooey, slimy stuff, and this year, Peyton stayed with me and helped me! I was thrilled to death!!! I had a helper this year, but he was funny b/c he wouldn't dig as much as I did, and he'd make me put what I dug out onto his scoop thing....so he could put it in the bowl! LOL My parents were so nice and gave us their pumpkin carving utensils, it included a couple of scoops to get the "gunk" out, and included little knives, and little picks to use with stencil, I honestly don't remember my parents have those kind of utensils when we were kids :0)! So after everything was cleaned out I started on punching holes to make a Mickey, whew, that wore me out, I was already exhausted from the entire day, plus church, plus cleaning out the pumpkin, not the stenciling....but Peyton stayed by my side, even though he talked my ear off LOL! Well, I finally got done, and the finished product is alright, not the best of the best, but considering how exhausted I was, I think it'll work...I'm posting some cute pics :0)!






3 comments:

Misty Griffis said...

I love your pumpkin! It's so cute!

heidijudy said...

That's great!

Kim said...

That is an impressive carving! Super cute!